The Industrial Internet of Things has many facets and most of the time all application require tailored performance engineering, security as well as computing schemes to work as expected and to provide an appropriate level of benefit for different types of networks, applications and services. Especially if considering industrial applications, the growing demand for performance, security and reliability as part of that becomes obvious.
The innovations concerning communication networking allow Industrial IoT to significantly increase the responsiveness and flexibility of any kind of components. But the research discussion on Industrial IoT lacks for suitable systems, architectures, protocols and algorithms, which are classified to work levels above Industrial IoT frameworks, as well as overlaying concepts and novel business models.
Architectures, protocols, standards, performance engineering approaches as well as many other things have not been designed for usage according to the requirements of Industrial IoT communication networking. Traditional and also novel consumer-driven approaches do not fit the requirements of Industrial IoT because these do not account for the special requirements introduced by advanced manufacturing applications towards communication architectures, security, performance, protocols and algorithms.
Context-awareness is required for any kind of Industrial IoT networking and for different types of industrial applications and services. All of these are different. E.g., the occurring network traffic in Wireless Mesh Sensor Networks cannot be compared to network traffic of molding machines or within chaining. Each of them have different constraints and demands that have to be covered.
This workshop, among other things, wants to bring together researchers to present and discuss novel approaches and solutions as well as recent results in this area of research. These may be specially designed for Industrial IoT (IIoT), Industry 4.0, Smart Factories, Advanced Manufacturing, Fog, Cloud and Grid Computing as well as any kind of wired and wireless network or networks of Cyber Physical (Production) Systems.
- Architectures, protocols and standards
- Energy efficient communication
- Fog and cloud computing architectures and technologies
- Performance engineering and models
- Security, privacy and reliability
- Industrial IoT infrastructure, applications and services
- Industrial analytics architectures, algorithms and applications
- Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Network Function Chaining (NFC)
- Software-Defined Networking in Industrial IoT components
- QoS for mission critical communications Industrial IoT applications
- Time-sensitive networking
- Autonomous context-aware traffic classification
- Context-aware networking of very small IIoT communication and computation components
- Device mobility and roaming
- M2M/D2D communication architectures, protocols and applications
- Routing protocols and algorithms
- Congestion management protocols and algorithms
- Cross-platform architecture, infrastructure and performance control
- Context-dependent energy management and transmit power control
- Concepts and business models for Industrial IoT computing and communication
- Performance analysis and simulation models
- Cyber Physical Production Systems
… and all other topics not named at this point, but belonging to the main topic of this workshop.
August 2, 2018
Paper Submission Due
March 31, 2018
April 28, 2018
May 10, 2018